Weather and climate data sources and resources to support schools making their own observations.
Other Useful Links
- Investigating weather through fieldwork from Teaching Geography, 2013
- Met Office Weather Observations Website (WOW) – anyone can submit their UK weather observations, or see the observations submitted by others.
- Met Office Design and Technology resources to build your own weather station: Anemometer Project – Student version,
Rain Gauge Project – Student version,
Thermometer Project – Student version and
- Help and hints for weather observing.
- Projects based on using weather stations & instruments.
- Simple Weather Measurements and how to make them
- More advanced information for observers from the RMetS site
- Converting Units
- Other useful sources of climate data and weather data.
- Ideas for science, environment or weather clubs .
- The OPAL cloud chart
- Where to purchase a weather tree for recording daily weather observations through a year with a supporting article from Weather magazine.