A series of downloadable lesson plans and teacher’s notes prepared on extreme weather for A level geography.
Produced by Rob Pugh
Work scheme on extreme weather
Note! The link to some resources on the Met Office website no longer works. We have downloaded archived versions of these pages which can be found here:
- 1953 East Coast Floods and more.
- 2003 Heatwave and more.
- 1946-1947 Winter, 1962-1963 Winter and more on the winters of 1947 and 1963.
- The hot Summer of 1976.
- The record breaking depression of 1986.
- The Burns Day Storm of 1990.
- The 1987 Storm and more.
- And more on the Great Storm (October 1987)
- The 2000 Floods.
- Bodmin Snow (November 2005)
- Boscastle Floods (August 2004)
- Floods and Flooding
- Great Smog (December 1952)
- Heatwave (Summer 2003)
- Hurricane Katrina (August 2005)
- Severe Winters (1947 and 1963)