You will need an Atlas for these activities
- Identify on the map a country experiencing HIGH pressure.
- What type of air pressure is arriving in the UK?
- What is the lowest value of pressure shown on the map?
- What is the air pressure over Greenland?
- What is the air pressure over Northern Africa?
- Identify an area that would have STRONG winds (the isobars will be close together)
- Identify an area that would have WEAK winds (the isobars will be far apart)
EXTENSION– can you draw simple arrows to show the pattern of wind over the UK on the small inset map? (recall that wind moves from high to low and is deflected to the left in the Northern hemisphere)