- The United Kingdom spans latitudes of 50 to 62°C N. It has a maritime climate with four distinct seasons.
- Average annual temperature varies between 4.5 °C in winter to 14 °C in summer with warmer conditions in the South.
- Rainfall is highest in autumn and winter; average of approximately 110 mm per month, and 75 mm per month in spring and summer.
- Mean annual rainfall varies between 2500mm in mountainous areas such as Wales to 500mm in the drier region of East Anglia.
- Year to year variations in climate are linked to the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) which causes shifts in the average track of storms.
By clicking any link on this page you are giving your consent for us to set cookies. More info