FutureLearn: Come Rain or Shine
Weather and Climate subject knowledge CPD for secondary geography teachers.
- “Come Rain or Shine” will be running three times in 2017: from 30th January, 19th June and 2nd October. The course runs for three weeks and takes approximately three hours per week. While the course is running, there are mentors on hand to answer questions. However, once you have registered, you have indefinite access to the materials, and can complete the course in your own time.
In this section of the web site you can find further materials to support teachers:
- Information about applying for the MetMark – in recognition of excellent weather teaching.
- Our top 10 ideas for weather teaching and top 10 ideas for weather fieldwork.
- Met Office climate change posters for geography and science teachers.
- Met Office posters on Lightning, Clouds, Tornadoes and Satellites.
- Borrow an Instrument or find ideas for fieldwork.
- Meteorology Ambassadors
- Useful Links
- Experiments and Demonstrations
- Share Resources
If you have any questions, please contact us at Education@rmets.org
Links to other sections:
Cat Muller’s talk “High Impact Weather from health to transport” given at the 2015 GA meeting can now be found here.
The shipping forecast excercise used at the 2011 GA meeting can now be found here.