These resources explore the climate of five different scale periods of the past 2.6 million years. Within each, some of the basic processes affecting the climate are investigated. Please feel free to adapt the resources to the level and ability of the students you teach.
- Module 1 – the last 2.6 million years: Milankovitch Cycles, Supervolcanoes
- Module 2 – the last 11000 years: The Holocene
- Module 3 – the last 2000 years: the Medieval Warm Period and the Little Ice Age
- Module 4 – the last 500 years: Volcanoes
- Module 5 – the last 200 years: the Sun, the Anthropocene and the Greenhouse Effect
These resources were jointly produced by Dr Kathryn Adamson (Manchester Metropolitan University), Dr. William Roberts (Bristol University), Dr. Chris Brierley (University College London) and the Royal Meteorological Society.